Duration : 1 Hour $100
The word Greeva Basti consists of two terms, Greeva refers to the neck and Basti means to hold something inside. The procedure does oleation and sudation around the posterior neck region simultaneously.
Due to present era lifestyle which involves continued and glued sitting position and lack of body movements the diseases of the spine, muscles and skeletal tissues of neck and shoulder arise. Greeva Basti treats these issues effectively. The therapeutic healing properties of medicated oil improves circulation, helps strengthen the musculature and lubricate the joint.
- The patient lies face down on the massage table
- The dough is prepared out of black gram flour. It is then made into a small ring with suitable height which is placed over the neck to cover all the vertebrae of the neck and 2-3 vertebrae of the thoracic region.
- Heated and specially medicated oil is carefully poured into the dough-ring. This oil is changed throughout the procedure in order to maintain a lukewarm temperature.
- At the end of the procedure the dough is removed; a soothing massage is given over the affected area. The person is made to take rest for a while.
- Calms, rejuvenates, and nourishes the nerves and muscle tissue around the neck and shoulders
- Lubricates the cervical joint and Improves the flexibility and brings smooth movement
- Relieves pain, inflammation and discomfort
- Stimulates nerves and blood supply, which improves circulation around the neck and shoulder region
Greeva Basti helps to relief from the following conditions:
- Chronic pain in neck region, Cervical spondylosis; Ankylosing spondylitis, Cervical disc lesions; Disk prolapse, Whiplash, Sprains and strains, Tension headaches and migraines, Torticollis (Wry neck), Vertigo, Frozen shoulder, Tingling, numbness of the hands, Fibromyalgia, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Spinal stenosis, Compression fractures, Paget’s disease of the bone
Pre and post-treatment Procedures:
Abhyanga is performed from the neck to the waist before Greeva Basti is applied. Following Greeva Basti, fomentation is used (herbal medicated steam, to help the oil to absorb deeply into the tissues). It is also recommended to administer Nasya (medicated nasal oil) after Greeva Basti to enhance its therapeutic effects.