Coeliac disease (Ayurvedic Name- Anna- Vaha Shrotas-dushti) is an adverse reaction of Immune System, where immune system attacks own tissue while eating the Gluten, means gluten triggers an autoimmune response that attack the lining of the small intestine (Gut). Body stop absorb the Nutrients in the Bloodstream properly and patient become Anaemic (Haemoglobin Deficiency) along with delayed growth and weight loss.
[Note – Gluten is a special type protein group, called as Prolamins and Glutelin, occur with starch, which is found in Wheat, Spelt, Rye and Barley etc.]
Coeliac Disease is Auto-immune condition, in which the affected individual reacts abnormally to indigestion of gluten and other cereal of protein, the intestine become inflamed and damaged, resulting in the poor absorption but when gluten is excluded from the diet the intestine recover and function is restored
In General, it is a relatively common condition with a wide range of presenting symptoms. In some people, the Gluten driven immune reaction extend beyond the intestine and can involve the skin and other tissue.
Usually this type of condition more common in the countries where high consumption of wheat product that contain gluten.
Consumption of protein gluten rich product like Bread, Pasta, Cereals and Biscuits.
It’s an auto immune disorder, so exact cause determination is not possible but possible fact is immune system mistakenly healthy cell for harmful one and produces antibodies against them. (Antibody usually fight off bacteria and virus)
In some case, Gene-Variation appear to increase the risk of this condition.
Patient who have Digestive system infection such as Rotavirus Infection during early childhood, is more likely to develop the Coeliac Disease.
Other Autoimmune disorder like Type 1 Diabetes, Thyroid Condition, Drown Syndrome and Turner Syndrome etc.
Most common symptom’s is for adults are Diarrhoea, Fatigue and Weight loss.
– In adults, experience of Bloating and Gas, Abdominal pain, nausea, constipation and vomiting.
– Iron deficiency, which lead to Anaemia.
– Loss of Bone Density.
– Dermatitis Herpetiformis (Blistery skin rash with itching)
– Dental Enamel damaged
– Fatigue with Headache
– Ulcer in mouth
– Numbness and Tingling sensation in hand and feet, Possible problem with balance and cognitive impairment including nervous system injury.
– Joint Ache
– Hypo- Splenism (Reduced function of Spleen)
-Heartburn with Acid Reflux disorder.
Pathological test for Coeliac Disease-
-Blood Test – Identify the people who have this condition
-Biopsy – to confirm the Diagnosis
In Ayurveda wisdom, Coeliac disease can be co-related with ‘AnnaVaha Srotas Dushti’, which literally means ‘Disorder of channels of food transport or Gastro- Intestinal Tract’
[Note- ‘Annavaha Srotas’ is the channel for transportation, digestion and absorption of food. ‘Dhamanee’ is a comprehensive term used in Ayurveda at various places in different context like Artery, Nerve, tubular structure etc]
– According to Ayurveda, Coeliac disease indicated the imbalance of certain body energies that leads extremely weakness in Immunity and Digestive System and this condition resulted from the wrong decision of immune cells.
– Digestive system is first get disturbed and caused ‘Agnimandhya’ (Low Digestive Fire) and formation the ‘Aam’ (Toxins) and disease manifest and gradually leads to several disease.
– Ayurveda explained treating ‘Pitta Dosha’ normalize the liver and immune system. Primary treatment is to be plan to increase and stabilize the ‘Koshthagni’ (digestive fire), Ayurveda diet plan accordingly. Nutritive and easy to digested food are advised, even Lifestyle advice also play a significant role in managing the symptom’s and treating the disease.
In Ayur Healthcare, first line of treatment of Coeliac disease is correcting the Immune System, Calming the Gut brain, correct the digestive impairments, improving the absorption the nutrients from the food through Yoga, Lifestyle recommendation, Panchakarma Therapy (Detoxification of Body) and Internal use of Herbal drugs.
-Treatment with mild Herbal Enema aiming at removing the toxins and opening circulation to loosen impurities embedded in tissue
-Treatment like ‘Panchakarma Therapy’, Specially ‘Ksheer-Vasti’ is highly useful along with with ‘Deepan’ (Stimulating digestive Fire through fasting) and ‘Pachana’(digestion capacity increased through Herbal medication.
-Useful Herbal preparation from ‘Pippali’ (Piper Longum), ‘Chavya’ (Boswellia Serrata), ‘Chitrak’ (Piper Rectrofractum), ‘Sonth’ (Dry Ginger Powder), ‘Amlavetas’(Garcinia Pedunculata) and ‘Nagkeshra’ (Messua Ferrea) etc is highly useful.
Herbal Medicine ) consume only as per the instruction of Ayurvedic doctor) like Hingvadi Vati, Chitrakadi Vati, Triphala Churna, Trikatu Churna, Shivakshara Churna, Kutaja ghana vati, Pravala panchamrita
Strictly avoid all gluten rich food product like Wheats, Rye, Oats and Barley etc along with processed food.
Tea, Coffee and caffeine as they contain ingredients that can stimulate the intestines and cause diarrhoea, should be avoided.
Completely personalised authentic Ayurvedic medicines based on thorough diagnosis of the root-cause in Ayur Healthcare.
Throughout your treatment journey, a team of health coaches stay connected with you to track your relief progress and help with your health queries.
Customised diet and lifestyle planners designed by Ayur Healthcare’s doctors to compliment the medicines for holistic treatment of the root-cause.