As per Ayurveda, what we eat affects our body and mind! The timings of our meals are equally important. It’s said that Breakfast is the King’s meal, Lunch is called the Queen’s meal and Dinner a Pauper’s meal. But many of us tend to skip dinner as we feel that eating at night will make us fat. But, dinner is one thing that you need to be very careful about! As the last meal of the day, it is important to have it at the correct time and eat the right thing and it tends to be healthy for your body.
Eating a few foods creates an imbalance in the Kapha Dosha and you must avoid eating them at night. Junk food, oily food, non-vegetarian items, frozen food, heavy-to-digest food, curd, or ice cream are definitely not preferable as they are harmful to health. There are few ayurvedic superfoods that can be practiced for being healthy. At night as such, you surely do not need these. If you have a craving to eat them try eating lesser quantities.
Eating these harmful foods will cause:
- Cough and cold
- Weight gain
- Vomiting sensation
- Excessive salivation in the morning
Eat food that is easy to digest at night
Here are some rules to follow for healthy eating at night:
- If you are particular on eating curd at night, replace it with buttermilk.
- Chapathis are a good choice over rice since they are easier and quicker to digest.
- Overstuffing yourself certainly is not recommended
- Eat-in limited quantities
- Try to include more of dal, green leafy vegetables, curry leaves, and ginger in your meal.
- Cut down on salt intake.
- Include spices in your food.
- Reduce the sugar intake and replace it with honey.
- If you prefer drinking milk before you sleep, drink low-fat milk.
- Always boil the milk before drinking it.
As the body does not perform any physical activity at night, it requires less energy and overeating at night makes you fat. Try healthy eating for a healthy change!
Consult Ayur Healthcare-Ayurveda in Parramatta to know more about a healthy diet plan for a healthy lifestyle.