The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs. Each kidney is about the size of a fist. Your kidneys filter extra water and wastes out of your blood and make urine. ‘Kidney Disease’ means your kidneys are damaged and can’t filter blood the way they should.
-You are at greater risk for kidney disease if you have Diabetes or High Blood Pressure. If you experience Kidney Failure, treatments include Kidney Transplant or Dialysis. Other kidney problems include Acute Kidney injury, Kidney Cysts, Kidney Stones, and Kidney Infections etc.
-Nowadays, Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant is one of the common solutions, patient take in their later stage with main goal of treatment is relieve symptoms, prevent complications and delay kidney damage.
-Kidney transplant is done from a matching donor and at times the body may reject the replaced kidney, followed by another transplant while Dialysis, is risky and creates chances of developing the kidney infection, both are risky and expensive procedure and doesn’t fix the disease.
-Acute Kidney Disease (Sudden Failure to Kidney Functions, Serious condition and mainly occurs during the last stage of Disease or in the time of treatment)
-Chronic Kidney Disease (slowly progressive problem in the kidneys which takes time to advance to later stage)
-Nephrotic Syndrome (A damage on the filtering units of the kidneys which leads to the excessive loss of proteins from the body)
-Polycystic Kidney Disease (Genetic condition which leads to the formation of a cyst in the kidneys)
We know there are many type of kidney disorder in Human Body and some important condition is mentioned above, most common medical condition in kidney is Renal Calculus formation (Kidney Stone, either one or both side, sometime stone moved in ureter with excruciating pain) and most complicated condition is termed as ESRD( End stage renal disease), means kidney function failure.
– Diabetes Mellitus is major cause because of non-usage of insulin hormone right way by Kidney
– High Blood Pressure, second leading cause
– Glomerulonephritis, a type of kidney disease in which the glomeruli are damaged and cannot remove waste and fluid like they should.
– Lupus Nephritis, medical name for kidney swelling and irritation that is caused by lupus. Lupus is an autoimmune disease.
– Minimal Change Disease, kidney disorder that can lead to nephrotic syndrome, it is a group of symptoms that include protein in the urine, low blood protein levels in the blood, high cholesterol levels, high triglyceride levels, and swelling.
Kidney disease usually gets worse slowly, and symptoms may not appear until your kidneys are badly damaged. In the late stages of kidney disease, as you are nearing kidney failure, you may notice symptoms that are caused by waste and extra fluid building up in your body.
In Ayurveda literature, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD), described as a ‘Mootra Dosh Vikara’ and causes of Oedema (Swollen Body parts). Both Kidney are root of ‘Medovaha shrotas’.
Mutra dosha Vikara- ‘Mootra dosha Vikara’ means ‘Urinary disorder’
Medovah Shrotas – means ‘Channels of Adipose Tissue’
-According to Ayurveda, the causes of Mootra dosha vikara are the Doshas(Body Humour i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha) vitiated by the intake of drinks and food, Sexual Intercourse while having the urge for Micturition, and suppression of the urge of micturition, disorders of wasting or malnutrition and severe traumatic injury.
– In general, disease is caused by the blockage of minute body channels called ‘Shrotas’. The body channels involved in this case, known as ‘Mutravaha Shrotas’, carry urine and are responsible for the flow of liquid into and out of the kidneys
-If there are blockages in the incoming ‘Shrotas’, the kidneys are denied fluids and Shrinkage occurs and if the outgoing channels are blocked, Swelling occurs.
– Ayur-Healthcare Doctors aims at strengthening the kidneys, restoring its filtration capacity and general functioning of the kidneys and they suggest very effective Ayurvedic herbs, such as Punanarva (Boerhavia Diffusa) that can clean these channels and reduce swelling and rejuvenate the kidney.
-Kidney diseases are treated in Ayur healthcare by the help of repair and Nourish the Nephrons with Herbals and mineral Medicine like Tankan Bhashma and Praval. Main treatment is-
-Shodana Therapy (Cleansing Method),
-Panchakarma therapies (Five actions or Five Unique Treatment of Ayurveda, Herbal Diuretics, Abyanga – Massage,
-Kizhi- Herbal Pouch Application,
-Sirodhara – Poring medicated liquid over the head.
-Ayur Healthcare provide proper screening of Patient and advice lifestyle tips to prevent to progress of disease
– Controlling blood pressure, blood sugar level, cholesterol level, body weight, smoking and alcohol consumption is important to avoid kidney damage.
-To restrict sodium intake, salt is minimised from diet. So, avoiding salty food articles like sea food, wafers etc is necessary.
-Potassium intake is regulated in kidney failure and so low potassium containing food sources like carrots, cabbage, apples etc are preferred.
-Protein intake too is regulated and low protein sources like cereals, vegetables and fruits are recommended.
-Fatty, oily and fried foods are avoided.